Friday, March 13, 2009

I Take Back Every Bad Thing I've Ever Said About An Alpha Delt

Even the Grossest ones.



If you can't tell in the video, the smaller text on the banner hanging outside of the frat house reads "No tolerance for intolerance." This was part of the University of Chicago protest to the protest (kind of like backlash to the backlash?) by Westboro Church this week. The Westboro camp waved classic signage like "God hates fags," while the student body responded with ones like "God hates the new Facebook" and "God...shoulda put a ring on it." I'm all warm and fuzzy inside.

3 comments:

diana said...

My favorite I think, was God Hates Figs and Figs Are Destroying America - with the Biblical passages to back it up of course! I also got a major case of warm and fuzzies and a HUGE sense of pride. That said, taking back EVERY bad thing, E?

E said...

1) I'm trying to be nice, and you're making that hard for me. 2) I capitalized "Grossest" for a reason.

Unknown said...

love this post. now, if they had just gone down the stairs to the troughs in the bathroom, i wonder if the coverage would have been as extensive.