Monday, December 8, 2008

Hi, Design!

After a weekend that largely consisted of 1) shopping online and 2) blowing my nose, I've realized some design/home obsessions that will no doubt still plague me when I've retired the DayQuil. (Ugh. I know.)

Numero uno: Mercury glass
Apparently, this effect is achieved by pouring some sort of silvering goo between the walls of a double-walled glass creation.


From the amazing Jayson Home and Garden ($35 ea.)


From Crate and Barrel ($219)


Numero dos: Wool plaid blankets
This is soooo not my usual taste, but the coziness factor is incredibly high. Obviously, I really only like the patterns in black, white, and camel.


From Toast, a British co. (£93)


From the ultra-classic Pendleton ($70)


Numero tres: Succulents
I live in a cave, and this likely accounts for some of my affection for the only plants that could survive the darkness and my lack of watering-and-fertilizing instincts. But then they're also just so pretty and green. Sigh.


From this rad La-la land company Succulent that only delivers its good stuff locally. Booooo.


There's something kind of subversive about this, no? From Viva Terra ($98)

No comments: