Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Forgotten Amazingness

J and I got on the topic of nineties music tonight, and I couldn't for the life of me think of the name of what must be one of the most influential boy bands to ever exist. That is, O-Town, the subject of the first season of MTV's tragic Making the Band and a group that was successful from about 2000 to 2001...soooo not the nineties. Oopsy doops. The group photo is, in a word, depressing. It makes Sugar Ray look chic. But the music...oh the music...

Hit number one: "Liquid Dreams," which is basically as slimy as it sounds. (Please note that this is a remix. Apparently the song isn't famous enough for the original to exist on Imeem? Whatevs.

Liquid Dreams (Remix) - O-Town

Then the heartfelt "All or Nothing." Chorus:
Cause I want it all
Or nothing at all
There's no where left to fall
When you reach the bottom it's now or never
Is it all
Or are we just friends
Is this how it ends
With a simple telephone call
You leave me here with nothing at all


All Or Nothing - O-Town

Dy-na-mite.

2 comments:

wannabe said...

OMG. I LOVED o-town! (i'm sure no one is surprised.) although, i think o-town was part of abc's TGIF because I didn't have cable in high school.

wannabe said...

okay. I guess it started on abc and then moved to mtv for the third season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-Town