Friday, October 24, 2008

United States of Trailer

I know everyone's supposed to be into Showtime right now. But I don't care. Weeds became unwatchable when Nancy became a REAL drug dealer. Armed border crossings? Hi, no. Dexter is too intense for regular viewing. Secret Diary of a Call Girl is only interesting for two episodes. Californication is what every 40-year-old dude wants his life to be like. The L Word is dunzo. This American Life is amazing, but I rarely feel compelled to watch week to week. But, finally, a show I can get behind: United States of Tara. Yes, I have to wait it out 3 mo. for this lil puppy to come on air (Jan. 18! Mark that Tivo!), but in the dead of winter I'll be glad to have it—and in the meantime I have Rachel Maddow to keep me cozy. And stuffed animals.

Now, to be fair, this project is like hype's wet dream: The man behind the idea is Steven Spielberg! Who brought in I-totes-know-teenagers-oh-my-gawd Diablo Cody (Juno) to write! And it's about a woman with multiple personality disorder! Gimmick alert. But it's actually smart and funny. Then again, it's hard not to like Toni Collette and John Corbett (Aidan!). The trailer:

No comments: